IMPORTANT LONG NOTICE
Covid 19 & Social distancing for rehoming at Sun Valley Kennels.
The world today is quite a different place than it was just a mere 3 months ago. Covid 19 has affected every aspect of life and now it is time to move with the changes and adapt our working ways.
Sadly the Lockdown has meant that all our fundraising activity bar those online came to a sharp halt, all our future events are on hold or cancelled. We also had to cease rehoming and close Sun Valley to all visitors except those who were on a strict rota to help look after the dogs. Life at Sun Valley had to carry on, but without the outside world allowed in.
Complying with the various phases of the governments recovery plan we are now allowing some rehoming to take place although under strict guidelines.
Please note that Sun Valley Kennels is still CLOSED to visitors. Please do not turn up at the kennels unless you have been specifically invited down, unfortunately if you arrive at our gates without prior invitation, you will be refused entry and turned away. This will also include if you are just wanting to drop any donation items off. Currently we are not taking in any donations other than what is officially delivered from Amazon or supermarkets.
• If you are interested in adopting a dog from us, please make sure you have researched that the breed is the right one for you, and that it is the right time for you to adopt.
• Please fill in the pre adoption questionnaire which you can find on our website www.celiacross.org.uk/downloads and send it in either via email or post.
• Once your form has been received, someone will call you to discuss your form, and go through any further details we may need. We will discuss your requirements and lifestyle further as to gain as much information on the type of dog we think will suit.
• If we feel we have a potential suitable dog(s) we will invite you down for an appointment – This will be done in the paddock or the outside yard where social distancing is easy in our spacious farm grounds.
• You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser when you arrive and may even be asked to wear a mask. (we can provide a surgical disposable one of you have not got one of your own) Please do not be offended if we also ask to take your temperature using our long range non-contact thermometer or ask if you have had any symptoms of illness in the past few week. We are only trying to keep everyone safe.
• Once you are onsite at Sun Valley the social distance rule of 2m will always be adhered to.
• You will have plenty of space to spend time in our paddock with any potential dog that you may be meeting, and as always there is no pressure to adopt a dog if it does not feel right in your heart. You may be asked to return when we feel we have more dogs that may suit your lifestyle or your personality or invited back for another visit with the same dog.
• Home checks are still being carried out, but again with social distancing in mind. We do not believe in virtual visits nor will be accepting any references from rescues that have carried out virtual home visits. We believe we must still maintain the high standards or checks even through a pandemic, albeit safely within government guidelines. If you do not feel comfortable having a visit to inspect your property’s garden during these times, then please do not apply for adoption as this is one rule that I will not wave.
These times are extremely testing for everyone, and I have tried to come up with a solution that keeps everyone safe, as well as getting back to some sort of normality for rehoming.
Please remember that a dog is a lifetime commitment, and hopefully you will have many years of happiness with your forever hound. We have seen an increase of people feeling that the Lockdown has been a perfect time to adopt a dog, fabulous if your lifestyle is changing forever, but what happens when you are not furloughed any longer? Or when your company want you back in your office away from home 9 hours a day, or when foreign travel is resumed, and you fancy a holiday? All these things must be thought through BEFORE you consider taking a dog into your home not after.
Thank you for your patience, The Facebook page has been relatively quiet these past few weeks and taken a back seat to other important goings, but I have so much to update you on, who has arrived, who has left, who is going home soon, Hillside, etc……..